One positions available: 26hour a week
Preschool Assistant – Little Ark Academy Preschool
Part time 26 hrs/week – One year contract with possibility of extension.
Hours of work are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30AM-12:30PM. Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30AM-3:30PM.
Start Date: Immediate
We are a Catholic preschool (located in the Dormition of the Most Holy Mother of God Ukrainian Catholic Church). We are looking for a part time Assistant to help our Preschool Teacher. Our preschool for 3 and 4 year olds provides a fun, play-based education focusing on the development of our student’s mind, body and soul with a Christian curriculum that blends with that of the Catholic School System.
The ideal candidate will be approachable, flexible, helpful and positive with a willing attitude and love of children. Responsible to the Preschool Teacher and ultimately, the President of the preschool society we are looking for someone with good communication skills who takes direction well.
– Assist the Preschool Teacher to teach and supervise children ages 3 and 4yrs by helping lead them through structured and unstructured learning activities as directed by the Teacher. Activities might include circle time, crafts, free play, physical fitness, learning-by-doing activities, snack time etc.
– Help with creating, setting up and taking down lesson materials such as crafts, games, gym equipment etc.
– Ensure the preschool is clean, tidy and safe. Assistant is specifically responsible for ensuring floors and bathrooms are clean in the classrooms, hallways, gymnasium and parent waiting areas.
– Liase between the parents, students, assistants, church and any special guests by building positive working relationships and open channels of effective communication.
– Attend preschool committee meetings if requested.
– Assist with any required setup/take down of preschool areas when required.
– Help to promote the program within the community including being involved in orientation, Meet the Teacher, Year End or other important days.
– Child Development Assistant Certificate (or willing to take the online training before commencement of employment).
– Successful candidate must provide police records check including vulnerable sector check.
– Current First Aid and CPR certification are required.
– Previous experience teaching 3 and 4 yr. old children in a preschool environment is an asset.
– We are looking for practicing Christians to fill this position.
Please submit cover letter and resume with salary expectations via email to:
Little Ark Academy Preschool Society
*Position will remain open until filled.
*Please be prepared to provide 3 references upon request.