One position, full time 40 hrs/week – One year contract with possibility of extension.
Start Date (expected): Aug. 1, 2016
We are a new Catholic preschool (located in the Dormition of the Most Holy Mother of God Ukrainian Catholic Church). We are looking for a Preschool Teacher to grow with us right from day one. This position will offer an exciting opportunity to create your own preschool from scratch, from room design to curriculum. Our preschool for 3 and 4 year olds will provide a fun, play-based education focusing on the development of our student’s mind, body and soul with a Christian curriculum that blends with that of the Catholic School System.
The ideal candidate will be approachable, energetic and positive with a big heart and love of children. Excellent organizational skills capable of managing the school, parents, students, school environment and curriculum are essential.
Reporting to the President of the preschool society we are looking for someone with a high degree of enthusiasm and creativity to create a natural, play based school environment that is up to date and in line with current child development research.
- Teach children ages 3 and 4yrs by leading them through structured and unstructured learning activities. Activities might include circle time, crafts, free play, physical fitness, learning-by-doing activities, snack time etc. Candidate will especially require knowledge of physical learning activities to facilitate active learning and fitness (we have a separate gymnasium we want to integrate with our learning)
- Work with the preschool assistants to ensure proper supervision of children at all times in accordance with Childcare Licensing guidelines.
- Collaborate with preschool assistants in creating the lesson plans and activities for each day.
- Oversee the preschool including registration, student files, communication with parents, scheduling of preschool assistants, scheduling of room use and gymnasium use between each preschool class.
- Ensure the preschool is clean and tidy and create a safe and healthy learning environment in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Liase between the parents, students, assistants, church and any special guests by building positive working relationships and open channels of effective communication.
- Attend all preschool society committee meetings.
- Assist with any required setup/take down of preschool areas when required.
- Help to promote the program within the community including being involved in registration days, Meet the Teacher, Year End or other important days.
- Early Learning and Child Care Diploma (Child Development Supervisor Level 3) from an Alberta college or equivalent.
- Successful candidate must provide police records check including vulnerable sector check
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Previous experience teaching 3 and 4 yr. old children in a preschool environment is an asset
- Practicing Christian
- Good command of the English language.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to:
Little Ark Academy Preschool Society
*Submissions close Jun 1, 2016
*Please be prepared to provide 3 references upon request.