– Experience working with youth and or young families
– Active member of a Ukrainian Catholic parish faith community
– Knowledgeable about the Ukrainian Catholic Faith
– Proficiency in the use of various social media – Facebook, twitter etc.
– Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education or Theology OR National Credential in Youth
Ministry OR background in theology and educational methodologies with a willingness to move toward a credential or degree.
- Supervise/coordinate/assist Sunday preschool (ages 3 – 7), Junior Youth (ages 7 – 14), UCY (ages 15 – 19) programs and programs for young families
- Develop leadership skills in youth and young adults.
- Coordinate recruitment, training, support, and evaluation of volunteers in the youth ministry program
- Maintain communication within the parish, with other parishes throughout the Edmonton eparchy, with the eparchial youth ministry office and other Christian youth based organizations
- Determine and deliver effective ways of publicizing and promoting programs and experiences; particularly in the areas of Social Media
- Be a presence in the St. Nicholas and Dormition of the Mother of God communities through their liturgical and social activities.
25 – 28 hours per week
This position entails weekend and evening work therefore the successful application will be willing to be flexible in their time.
Salary $26,000 – $30,000 commensurate with experience and education.
Term is for one year beginning Sept 1, 2015 with the option of extending upon the agreement of both parties.
Please send resume along with the contact information for 2 references by Aug 18, 2015 to:
education [at] edmontoneparchy [dot] com
Those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information contact Fr. Stephen at 780-424-5496, or Fr. Julian at 780-668-1127
Source: Edmonton Eparchy